Industrial Transport Services – or ITS, as we like to be called – is an over-the-road trucking company that specializes in the transport of materials stored in the warehouses of our parent company, Warehouse Services, Inc. We employ hardworking men and women.
We encourage employees to find purpose and make a difference; we offer multiple development plans and career advancement opportunities. We want employees to be engaged and to participate in our mission and vision to build a lasting community.
The Customer Service Fleet Manager supervises and is responsible for policies and procedures, staffing, personnel requirements and training, safety and medical, cost accounting, material control, operation services, facilities, utilities, maintenance operations and interfaces.
- The Fleet Manager supervises and is responsible for policies and procedures, staffing, personnel requirements and training, safety and medical, cost accounting, material control, operation services, maintenance operations and interfaces.
- Defines areas and determines equipment to support the functions and responsibilities performed.
- Determines responsibilities and functions performed, defines job descriptions, interviews and hires potential candidates. Ensures administrative and operational needs of the employees are met through adherence to wage and benefit guidelines. Develops and provides training programs to ensure consistent performance and continuous reinforcement of skills.
- Determines the methods and areas covered. Ensures programs are established and maintained to provide a safe working environment.
- Defines, establishes and maintains the functions and methods required to ensure all attendance, payroll and accounts payable/receivable records are current and accurate.
- Establishes and maintains the methods required to support the procurement of material, equipment, and supplies. Ensures methods are in place for the control of all subcontracts that provide a support service of function to the operation.
- Establishes and maintains the interfaces and coordination efforts of the WSI/ITS team to service and support the Client’s goal.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position; they are only the major duties.
- Strong interpersonal skills in regards to interface with employees and client.
- A strong commitment to safety, care and concerns of our employees.
- Strong Knowledge of FMCSR and DOT requirements